- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 What Does a Democratic Army Look Like?
- Chapter 2 After World War II: Germany, Japan, and Hungary
- Chapter 3 After Civil War: Bosnia and Herzegovina, El Salvador, and Lebanon
- Chapter 4 After Military Rule in Europe: Spain, Portugal, and Greece
- Chapter 5 After Military Rule in Latin America: Argentina, Chile, and Guatemala
- Chapter 6 After Military Rule in Asia: South Korea, Thailand, and Indonesia
- Chapter 7 After State-Socialism in Europe: Slovenia, Russia, and Romania
- Chapter 8 After Colonial Rule in Asia: India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh
- Chapter 9 After Colonial Rule in Africa: Ghana, Tanzania, and Botswana
- Chapter 10 After (Re)Unification and Apartheid: Germany, South Africa, and Yemen
- The Soldier and the Changing State
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.