- Title Pages
- Chapter One Introduction
- Chapter Two Units and Geometry
- Chapter Three Emission
- Chapter Four Absorption
- Chapter Five Scattering
- Chapter Six Scattering with Interference
- Chapter Seven Fluorescence
- Chapter Eight Polarization
- Chapter Nine Measuring Light
- Chapter Ten What Is Light, Really?
- Appendix A Converting Spectral Irradiance to Lux
- Appendix B Calculating the Absorbance Spectrum of a Visual Pigment
- Appendix C Refractive Indices of Common Substances
- Appendix D Optical Properties of Very Clear Water
- Appendix E Optical Properties of Natural Waters
- Appendix F Useful Formulas
- Appendix G Equipment and Software Suppliers
- The Optics of Life
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.