- Title Pages
- A Note on Names
- Prologue: A Dual Tragedy
- Part One The Postwar Era: Rupture and Survival
- Chapter One Takeover
- Chapter Two Moving People
- Chapter Three A Loss of Substance
- Chapter Four Reconstruction
- Part Two The Politics of the Past: The City’s Transformation
- Chapter Five The Impermanence Syndrome
- Chapter Six Propaganda as Necessity
- Chapter Seven Mythicizing History
- Chapter Eight Cleansing Memory
- Chapter Nine The Pillars of an Imagined Tradition
- Chapter Ten Old Town, New Contexts
- Part Three Prospects
- Chapter Eleven Amputated Memory and the Turning Point of 1989
- Appendix One List of Abbreviations
- Appendix Two Translations of Polish Institutions
- Appendix Three List of Polish and German Street Names
- Sources and Literature
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.