- Title Pages
- An Introduction to the History of Debt
- Chapter One Making Credit Modern
- Chapter Two Debt and Recovery
- Chapter Three How Commercial Bankers Discovered Consumer Credit
- Chapter Four War and Credit
- Chapter Five Postwar Consumer Credit
- Chapter Six Legitimating the Credit Infrastructure
- Chapter Seven Securing Debt in an Insecure World
- Epilogue Debt as Choice, Debt as Structure
- Politics and Society in Twentieth-Century America
- Debtor Nation
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.