- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Commercial Cities
- Chapter 3 The Organization of Exchange
- Chapter 4 Crossing Borders
- Chapter 5 Conflict Resolution
- Chapter 6 The Protection of Trade
- Chapter 7 Dealing with Losses
- Chapter 8 Conclusion
- Appendix A The Incidence of Violence against Foreign Merchants in the Low Countries, 1250–1650
- Appendix B The Motivation, Organization, and Outcome of Collective Action by Merchants of the German Hanse in Bruges, 1250–1500
- List of Abbreviations
- The Princeton Economic History of the Western World
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.