- Title Pages
- Chapter One Introduction
- Chapter Two Definitions and Concepts
- Part I Pre-Industrial Economies
- Chapter Three Traditional Sources
- Chapter Four Constraints and Dynamics
- Part II The First Industrial Revolution
- Chapter Five A Modern Energy Regime
- Chapter Six The Coal Development Block
- Chapter Seven Energy and Industrial Growth
- Part III The Second and Third Industrial Revolutions
- Chapter Eight Energy Transitions in the Twentieth Century
- Chapter Nine Major Development Blocks in the Twentieth Century and Their Impacts on Energy
- Chapter Ten The Role of Energy in Twentieth-Century Economic Growth
- Chapter eleven Summary and Implications For the Future
- Appendix A The Role of Energy in Growth Accounting
- Appendix B Decomposing Energy Intensity, 1870–1970
- Appendix C The Impact from the Service Transition on Energy Intensity
- Appendix D Biased Technical Development
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.