- Title Pages
- Chapter One Introduction and Cosmological Background
- Chapter Two Linear Growth of Cosmological Perturbations
- Chapter Three Nonlinear Structure and Halo Formation
- Chapter Four The Intergalactic Medium
- Chapter Five The First Stars
- Chapter Six Stellar Feedback and Galaxy Formation
- Chapter Seven Supermassive Black Holes
- Chapter Eight Physics of Galaxy Evolution
- Chapter Nine The Reionization of Intergalactic Hydrogen
- Chapter Ten Surveys of High-Redshift Galaxies
- Chapter Eleven The Lyman-<span xml:lang="ell">α</span> Line as a Probe of the Early Universe
- Chapter Twelve The 21-cm Line
- Chapter Thirteen Other Probes of the First Galaxies
- Appendix A Useful Numbers
- Appendix B Cosmological Parameters
- Further Reading
- The First Galaxies in the Universe
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.