- Title Pages
- List of Abbreviations and Archival Referents
- Chapter One Remembering Islamization, 1300–1750
- Chapter Two Embracing a New Curriculum, 1750–1800
- Chapter Three Reform and the Widening Muslim Sphere, 1800–1890
- Part Two Power in Quest of Knowledge
- Chapter Four Foundational Visions of Indies Islam, 1600–1800
- Chapter Five New Regimes of Knowledge, 1800–1865
- Chapter Six Seeking the Counterweight Church, 1837–1889
- Part Three Orientalism Engaged
- Chapter Seven Distant Musings on a Crucial Colony, 1882–1888
- Chapter Eight Collaborative Encounters, 1889–1892
- Chapter Nine Shadow Muftis, Christian Modern, 1892–1906
- Part Four Sufi Pasts, Modern Futures
- Chapter Ten From Sufism to Salafism, 1905–11
- Chapter Eleven Advisors to Indonesië, 1906–1919
- Chapter Twelve Hardenings and Partings, 1919–1942
- Princeton Studies in Muslim Politics
- The Makings of Indonesian Islam
- Dale F. Eickelman, Augustus Richard Norton
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.