- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Chapter 1 Economics and Ancient History
- Introduction Data and Hypothesis Tests
- Chapter 2 Wheat Prices and Trade in the Early Roman Empire
- Chapter 3 Price Behavior in Hellenistic Babylon
- Appendix to Chapter 3
- Chapter 4 Price Behavior in the Roman Empire
- Introduction Roman Microeconomics
- Chapter 5 The Grain Trade
- Chapter 6 The Labor Market
- Chapter 7 Land Ownership
- Chapter 8 Financial Intermediation
- Introduction Roman Macroeconomics
- Chapter 9 Growth Theory for Ancient Economies
- Chapter 10 Economic Growth in a Malthusian Empire
- Appendix to Chapter 10
- Chapter 11 Per Capita GDP in the Early Roman Empire
- The Princeton Economic History of the Western World
- The Roman Market Economy
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.