- Title Pages
- Chapter One Curves, Surfaces, and Hyperbolic Geometry
- Chapter Two Mapping Class Group Basics
- Chapter Three Dehn Twists
- Chapter Four Generating the Mapping Class Group
- Chapter Five Presentations and Low-dimensional Homology
- Chapter Six The Symplectic Representation and the Torelli Group
- Chapter Seven Torsion
- Chapter Eight The Dehn-Nielsen-Baer Theorem
- Chapter Nine Braid Groups
- Chapter Ten Teichmüller Space
- Chapter Eleven Teichmüller Geometry
- Chapter Twelve Moduli Space
- Chapter Thirteen The Nielsen-Thurston Classification
- Chapter Fourteen Pseudo-Anosov Theory
- Chapter Fifteen Thurston's Proof
- A Primer on Mapping Class Groups (PMS-49)
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.