- Title Pages
- Introduction The Decentering of Democracies
- Chapter One The Legitimacy of Establishment
- Chapter Two The Legitimacy of Identification with Generality
- Chapter Three The Great Transformation
- Chapter Four Independent Authorities: History and Problems
- Chapter Five The Democracy of Impartiality
- Chapter Six Is Impartiality Politics?
- Chapter Seven Reflexive Democracy
- Chapter Eight The Institutions of Reflexivity
- Chapter Nine On the Importance of Not Being Elected
- Chapter Ten Attention to Particularity
- Chapter Eleven The Politics of Presence
- Chapter Twelve Interactive Democracy
- Conclusion The Democracy of Appropriation
- Democratic Legitimacy
Pierre Rosanvallon, Arthur Goldhammer
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.