- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Soviet Blueprint
- Chapter 2 The Village Community and the Politics of Collectivization, 1945–62
- Chapter 3 Creating Party Cadres
- Part II Pedagogies of Power: Technologies of Rural Transformation
- Chapter 4 Pedagogies of Knowledge Production and Contestation
- Chapter 5 Pedagogies of Persuasion
- Chapter 6 Fomenting Class War
- Chapter 7 The Collectives Are Formed
- Chapter 8 The Restratification and Bureaucratization of Rural Life
- Appendix I Project and Participants
- Appendix II Methodology
- Appendix III List of Interviewers and Respondents
- Peasants under Siege
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.