- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Lending to the Sound of Cannon
- Chapter 2 Philip’s Empire
- Chapter 3 Taxes, Debts, and Institutions
- Chapter 4 The Sustainable Debts of Philip II
- Chapter 5 Lending to the Borrower from Hell
- Chapter 6 Serial Defaults, Serial Profits
- Chapter 7 Risk Sharing with the Monarch
- Chapter 8 Tax, Empire, and the Logic of Spanish Decline
- Epilogue Financial Folly and Spain’s Black Legend
- The Princeton Economic History of the Western World
- Lending to the Borrower from Hell
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.