- Title Pages
- 1 About the Book and Supporting Material
- 2 Fast Computation on Massive Data Sets
- 3 Probability and Statistical Distributions
- 4 Classical Statistical Inference
- 5 Bayesian Statistical Inference
- 6 Searching for Structure in Point Data
- 7 Dimensionality and Its Reduction
- 8 Regression and Model Fitting
- 9 Classification
- 10 Time Series Analysis
- A. An Introduction to Scientific Computing with Python
- B. AstroML: Machine Learning for Astronomy
- C. Astronomical Flux Measurements and Magnitudes
- D. SQL Query for Downloading SDSS Data
- E. Approximating the Fourier Transform with the FFT
- Visual Figure Index
- Statistics, Data Mining, and Machine Learning in Astronomy
Andrew J. Connolly
Jacob T. VanderPlas
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.