- Title Pages
- A Note on Citations and Terminology
- Chapter 1 Curious Kinks
- Chapter 2 Toward a Historical Ontology of Race
- Chapter 3 New Worlds
- Chapter 4 The Specter of Polygenesis
- Chapter 5 Diversity as Degeneration
- Chapter 6 From Lineage to Biogeography
- Chapter 7 Leibniz on Human Equality and Human Domination
- Chapter 8 Anton Wilhelm Amo
- Chapter 9 Race and Its Discontents in the Enlightenment
- Nature, Human Nature, and Human Difference
Justin E. H. Smith
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.