- Title Pages
- Foreword Introducing Azoulay’s <i>Pericles</i>
- Chapter 1 An Ordinary Young Athenian Aristocrat?
- Chapter 2 The Bases of Periclean Power: The <i>Stratēgos</i>
- Chapter 3 The Bases of Periclean Power: The Orator
- Chapter 4 Pericles and Athenian Imperialism
- Chapter 5 A Periclean Economy?
- Chapter 6 Pericles and His Circle: Family and Friends
- Chapter 7 Pericles and <i>Eros</i>: Caught between Civic Unity and Political Subversion
- Chapter 8 Pericles and the City Gods
- Chapter 9 After Pericles: The Decline of Athens?
- Chapter 10 The Individual and Democracy: The Place of the “Great Man”
- Chapter 11 Pericles in Disgrace: A Long Spell in Purgatory (15th to 18th Centuries)
- Chapter 12 Pericles Rediscovered: The Fabrication of the Periclean Myth (18th to 21st Centuries)
- Pericles of Athens
Vincent Azoulay, Janet Lloyd
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.