- Title Pages
- 1 Troubled Senses
- 2 Troubled Numbers
- 3 Erudition and Chronology in Seventeenth-Century England
- 4 Isaac Newton on Prophecies and Idolatry
- 5 Aberrant Numbers
- 6 Newtonian History
- 7 Text and Testimony
- 8 Interpreting Words
- 9 Publication and Reaction
- 10 The War on Newton in England
- 11 The War on Newton in France
- 12 The Demise of Chronology
- 13 Evidence and History
- Appendix A Signs, Conventions, Dating, and Definitions
- Appendix B Newton’s Computational Methods
- Appendix C Commented Extracts from Newton’s MS Calculations
- Appendix D Placing Colures on the Original Star Globe
- Appendix E Hesiod, Thales, and Stellar Risings and Settings
- Newton and the Origin of Civilization
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.