- Title Pages
- Chapter One Introduction
- Chapter Two The Recursive Argument Method of Medieval Science
- Chapter Three From College and Universitas to University
- Chapter Four Buddhist Central Asian Invention of the Method
- Chapter Five Islamization in Classical Arabic Central Asia
- Chapter Six Transmission to Medieval Western Europe
- Chapter Seven India, Tibet, China, Byzantium, and Other Control Cases
- Chapter Eight Conclusion
- Appendix A On the Latin Translations of Avicenna’s Works
- Appendix B On Peter of Poitiers
- Appendix C Charter of the Collège des Dix-huit
- Warriors of the Cloisters
Christopher I. Beckwith
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.