- Title Pages
- Preface to the 2012 Edition
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Introduction On Gnosis and the Imaginary of the Modern/Colonial World System
- Chapter 1 Border Thinking and the Colonial Difference
- Chapter 2 Post-Occidental Reason: The Crisis of Occidentalism and the Emergenc(y)e of Border Thinking
- Chapter 3 Human Understanding and Local Interests: Occidentalism and the (Latin) American Argument
- Chapter 4 Are Subaltern Studies Postmodern or Postcolonial? The Politics and Sensibilities of Geohistorical Locations
- Chapter 5 “An Other Tongue”: Linguistics Maps, Literary Geographies, Cultural Landscapes
- Chapter 6 Bilanguaging Love: Thinking in between Languages
- Chapter 7 Globalization, Mundialización: Civilizing Processes and the Relocation of Languages and Knowledges
- Afterword An Other Tongue, An Other Thinking, An Other Logic
- Princeton Studies in Culture/Power/History
- Local Histories/Global Designs
Walter D. Mignolo
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.