- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 The Eighteenth Century
- Chapter 2 Genius Obscured
- Chapter 3 Language, Religion, Nation
- Chapter 4 Individual versus Collective Genius
- Chapter 5 The Romantic Poet and the Brotherhood of Genius
- Chapter 6 Victor Hugo, William Shakespeare, and the Dynasty of Genius
- Chapter 7 Genius under Observation
- Chapter 8 Genius, Neurosis, and Family Trees
- Chapter 9 Genius Restored to Health
- Chapter 10 A Novel of Female Genius
- Chapter 11 Balzac’s Louis Lambert
- Chapter 12 Creativity and Procreation in Zola’s L’Œuvre
- Chapter 13 Exemplarity and Performance in Literature for Children
- Chapter 14 Alfred Binet and the Measurement of Intelligence
- Chapter 15 Minou Drouet
- Chapter 16 Cultural Critique and the End of Genius
- Chapter 17 The Return of Genius
- Chapter 18 Julia Kristeva and Female Genius
- Chapter 19 Derrida, Cixous, and the Impostor
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.