- Title Pages
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 Cyrene and the Cyrenaics: A Historical and Biographical Overview
- Chapter 3 Knowledge and Pleasure
- Chapter 4 Virtue and Living Pleasantly
- Chapter 5 Eudaimonism and Anti-Eudaimonism
- Chapter 6 Personal and Political Relationships
- Chapter 7 Hegesias’s Pessimism
- Chapter 8 Theodorus’s Innovations
- Chapter 9 The “New Cyrenaicism” of Walter Pater
- Chapter 10 Conclusion: The Birth of Hedonism
- Appendix 1 The Sources
- Appendix 2 Annicerean Interpolation in D.L. 2.86–93
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.