- Title Pages
- Note on Transliterations
- Chapter 1 Gateways and Gates in American Immigration History
- Chapter 2 “The Anglo-Saxons of the Orient”
- Chapter 3 The China Institute in America
- Chapter 4 “A Pressing Problem of Interracial Justice”
- Chapter 5 The Wartime Transformation of Student Visitors into Refugee Citizens, 1943–1955
- Chapter 6 “The Best Type of Chinese”
- Chapter 7 “Economic and Humanitarian”
- Chapter 8 Symbiotic Brain Drains
- Chapter 9 Conclusion
- The Good Immigrants
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.