- Title Pages
- Figures and Tables
- Chapter 1 Introduction
- Chapter 2 The History of American Magazines, 1741–1860
- Chapter 3 The Material and Cultural Foundations of American Magazines
- Chapter 4 Launching Magazines
- Chapter 5 Religion
- Chapter 6 Social Reform
- Chapter 7 The Economy
- Chapter 8 Conclusion
- Appendix 1 Data and Data Sources
- Appendix 2 Methods for Quantitative Data Analysis
- Princeton Studies in Cultural Sociology
- Magazines and the Making of America
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.