- Title Pages
- Note on Transliteration
- Chapter One Ḥamad al-Jāsir: A Life in Context
- Chapter Two The Dark Matter of Tribal Belonging
- Chapter Three The Oracle of al-Wurūd: Ḥamad al-Jāsir’s Genealogical Correspondence
- Chapter Four Marriage and Lineal Authentication
- Chapter Five Parallel Migrations, Divergent Destinations
- Chapter Six Toward a Genealogical Rule of Governance
- Princeton Studies in Muslim Politics
- Of Sand or Soil
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.