- Title Pages
- Chapter One A Quick Introduction to Benfordʼs Law
- Chapter Two A Short Introduction to the Mathematical Theory of Benfordʼs Law
- Chapter Three Fourier Analysis and Benfordʼs Law
- Chapter Four Benfordʼs Law Geometry
- Chapter Five Explicit Error Bounds via Total Variation
- Chapter Six Lévy Processes and Benfordʼs Law
- Chapter Seven Benfordʼs Law as a Bridge between Statistics and Accounting
- Chapter Eight Detecting Fraud and Errors Using Benfordʼs Law Mark Nigrini
- Chapter Nine Can Vote Countsʼ Digits and Benfordʼs Law Diagnose Elections?
- Chapter Ten Complementing Benfordʼs Law for Small N: A Local Bootstrap
- Chapter Eleven Measuring the Quality of European Statistics
- Chapter Twelve Benfordʼs Law and Fraud in Economic Research
- Chapter Thirteen Testing for Strategic Manipulation of Economic and Financial Data
- Chapter Fourteen Psychology and Benfordʼs Law
- Chapter Fifteen Managing Risk in Numbers Games
- Chapter Sixteen Benfordʼs Law in the Natural Sciences
- Chapter Seventeen Generalizing Benfordʼs Law
- Chapter Eighteen PV Modeling of Medical Imaging Systems
- Chapter Nineteen Application of Benfordʼs Law to Images
- Chapter Twenty Exercises
- (p.373) Chapter Twenty Exercises
- Benford's Law
- Steven J. Miller
- Princeton University Press
This chapter contains a list of exercises based on the lessons from all the previous chapters as well as their possible solutions. It also contains some supplementary information or references to places where the reader might obtain the supplementary information necessary for a better understanding of the concepts introduced in this volume. In addition to this, the chapter also contains brief bibliographies to further assist the reader or instructor in completing the exercises. It must be noted that some of the problems and exercises listed in this chapter are far more accessible after the later parts of this book have been read.
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.