- Title Pages
- Works Cited Titles and Abbreviations
- 1 Drawing Down the Moon: Defining Magic in the Ancient GrecoRoman World
- 2 The World of Ancient GrecoRoman Magic
- 3 Curses for All Occasions: Malefic and Binding Magic
- 4 Bewitched, Bothered, Bewildered: Love Charms and Erotic Curses
- 5 Healing and Protective Magic: Defense against the Dark Arts
- 6 Relationships with the Divine: Prayer and Magic
- 7 Through a Glass Darkly: Divination and Magic
- 8 Mysteries of the Heavenly Spheres: Astrology and Magic
- 9 Transmutations of Quality: Alchemy and Magic
- 10 The Illuminations of Theurgy: Philosophy and Magic
- 11 The Label of ‘Magic’ in the Ancient GrecoRoman World
- Index Locorum
- Subject Index
- Drawing Down the Moon
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.