- Title Pages
- Preface and Acknowledgments
- Permissions and Credits
- The Professor and the Sea Princess: Letters of Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov and Nadezhda Zabela-Vrubel
- Rimsky-Korsakov, <i>Snegurochka</i>, and Populism
- “You, Mozart, Aren’t Worthy of Yourself”: Aesthetic Discontents of Rimsky-Korsakov’s <i>Mozart and Salieri</i>
- Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov and His Orient
- <i>The Golden Cockerel</i>, Censored and Uncensored
- Staging Defeat: <i>The Golden Cockerel</i> and the Russo-Japanese War
- St. Petersburg Conservatory and the Beginnings of Russian Musicology
- How Stravinsky Stopped Being a Rimsky-Korsakov Pupil
- Stylistic Turbulence: The Experience of the Rimsky-Korsakov School
- In Search of Beauty: Autocracy, Music, and Painting in Rimsky-Korsakov’s Russia
- Index of Rimsky-Korsakov's Works of Music
- Index of Names and Subjects
- Notes on the Contributors
- Other Princeton University Press Volumes Published in Conjunction with the Bard Music Festival
- Rimsky-Korsakov and His World
- Marina Frolova-Walker
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.