- Title Pages
- Expanded Contents
- I The Economy of Ancient Greece: A Conceptual Framework
- II People in Their Environment
- III Energy, Economy, and Transport Cost
- IV The <i>Polis</i> and the Economy
- V Agricultural Production
- VI The Economy of the Agricultural World
- VII Nonagricultural Production, Capital, and Innovation
- VIII The Logic of Growth
- IX The Institutions of the Domestic Market
- X Money and Credit
- XI City-States, Taxes, and Trade
- XII The <i>Emporion</i> and the Markets
- XIII International Trade Networks
- XIV Strategies of International Trade
- XV The Greek Cities and the Market
- Appendix: Weights, Measures, and Currency Units
- The Making of the Ancient Greek Economy
Alain Bresson, Steven Rendall
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.