- Title Pages
- Abbreviations for Machiavelli’s Writings
- Introduction Vulgarity and Virtuosity
- 1 The Passion of Duke Valentino
- 2 “Keep the Public Rich and the Citizens Poor”
- 3 On the Myth of a Conservative Turn in the <i>Florentine Histories</i>
- 4 Rousseau’s Repudiation of Machiavelli’s Democratic Roman Republic
- 5 Leo Strauss’s Machiavelli and the <i>Querelle</i> between the Few and the Many
- 6 The Cambridge School’s “Guicciardinian Moments” Revisited
- Summation Scandalous Writings, Dubious Readings, and the Virtues of Popular Empowerment
- A Note on the Type
- Reading Machiavelli
John P. McCormick
- Princeton University Press
Princeton Scholarship Online requires a subscription or purchase to access the full text of books within the service. Public users can however freely search the site and view the abstracts and keywords for each book and chapter.
If you think you should have access to this title, please contact your librarian.
To troubleshoot, please check our FAQs , and if you can't find the answer there, please contact us.